Thursday, October 2, 2008

Does buying school supplies from the Goodwill make me cheap?...

Or frugal? Whichever it is makes no difference to me because we made out like bandits today! The kids and I went to the Goodwill and they had some new school supplies from Target, so I stocked up. Crazy cheap, too. Rulers for, like $.09. I had to do a double take! Crayons, scissors, notebooks, I went a little wild. I love buying school supplies, anyway, and if they're that cheap, put me down for 4 of everything! I know, I know, our kids don't go to school, but as any homeschooling family knows, you still need school supplies! Actually, you probably need more than any school kid because at school, your supplies typically don't get flushed down the toilet by your baby brother or shoved down into the couch cushions. Anyway, Ava was so happy that she hid one of the new folders behind her back and said to Kevin, "Daddy, I have something to show you! I know you are going to think I am going to public school!"
I also found a new sweater that was 50% off to make Serenity a new pair of longies with. I was on the fence because the sweater is bright orange and robins egg blue striped and she has nothing to match it, but I LOVED IT, so I got it anyway. But then I walked up the street to a resale shop and found the cutest little shirt to go with it, so I was pretty happy. I tore it apart and made her longies tonight and they're super cute. Kevin has the camera, so I'll take pictures tomorrow and post them.

No comments: